My name is Tylen Scott. I am a 5'11", 197 lb Quarterback and played football for Poughkeepsie High School, located in Poughkeepsie, NY. I recently have been accepted to and will be attending Virginia Prep Sports Academy to help further my football playing career with the goal of obtaining an athletic scholarship.
I've played football for 12 years and I hope to receive an Athletics Scholarship, play on an NCAA Team and pursue an Engineering Degree.
VPSA will give me the opportunity to do several things:
1) Give me the opportunity to regain my senior year of football to which I was unfortunately not allowed to participate.
2) It will give me the opportunity to show my talents and enhance my film, giving me a better chance at being recruited by college that offers me an opportunity to play football as well as pursue a major in Engineering.
3) Give my the opportunity to experience a college football schedule, which will better prepare me for the rigors of the game and school upon entering college.
4) Finally, it will give me the opportunity to develop relationships with other players and coaches that share my goals on and off the field.
As some of you may know I was unable to play my senior year due to a transfer rule. Thus, making it hard for me to obtain an athletic scholarship. My dad was assured by the league officials and the A.D. of my previous school that I would be able to transfer and play my senior year based on a hardship waiver. Unfortunately, I transferred, made the team and earned the starting QB position, but the league denied my waiver, informing me only hours before our first game. I remained on the team and served as a mentor (QB coach) to the other quarterbacks but the league refused to allow me to play even after several appeals.
Attending Virginia Prep Sports Academy will give me another chance to show my ability on the field, while also helping me to become as academically prepared as possible. My football goal is to play at the highest level of the sport that I love. My short term goal is to learn the VPSA system and lead the team to a championship victory. Then I want to be recruited by a Division 1 school to continue playing Quarterback on the collegiate level. Finally, it would be a dream come true to be drafted into the NFL. My Academic goals are to graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. My short term goal is to finish high school strong. I will graduate high school with 15 college credits, and 1100 SAT score and a GPA of 3.4. I want to continue with my math at the local community college while I'm attending VPSA. Then upon entering college my goal is to remain focused and graduate on time with a minimum of a 3.7 GPA .
The tuition cost for me to have this opportunity is $12,500. With your help I can assure you that I will represent my family, my community, and you, in a way that all will be proud of.
I would like to thank all of you in advance for your consideration and/or donation.
If you have any questions you can also contact Coach Al Holland Jr.
Email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone is 1 (833) 434-8772 ext. 706
This is a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation. TAX ID 82-1292973
· Virginia Prep Sports Academy
· 1224 Rivermont Ave.
· Lynchburg, Va. 24504